Thursday, March 25, 2010

Hair Transplant Myths

In ten years of meeting thousands of prospective patients, I have heard all the excuses of why men have lost hair. Very few guys will come in and say I'm losing my hair due to my genetics. It is curious to me that people would have a difficult time saying that. Most often the excuses are: I'm losing my hair because a cup of coffee fell on my head, I joined the military and they shaved my head and it never grew back, I played a lot of soccer and the ball wore my hair off, I wore a hat too much as a kid, the wind hitting my hair with the window open when I drive wore out my hair, there is a lot of stress in my life, etc. You can blame genetics for about 99% of all cases of hair loss. Just because your Dad and Grandfather have nice heads of hair does not guarantee you keeping your hair. In fact, there is no guarantee. Hair loss can be inherited from the Mom's side or your Father's side. It can skip generations. It is a genetic crap shoot.

The good news is you can do something about your hair loss. Today nobody has to accept being bald. You can have hair that lasts a lifetime.

Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment