Monday, April 4, 2016

Today is April 4th, and it’s been exactly 3 months since my surgery with Dr. Bolton (Jan 4).





HAIR GROWTH

Typically, nothing much has happened at the 90 day point with most patients, and sometimes it’s still another 30 days (the 4 month mark) before hair really starts to grow in noticeably.

However, and thankfully, I’ve seemed to beat those odds!  I started seeing hairs come in a little over 2 months.  I already have a lot of newly transplanted hairs growing along and behind the remade the hairline.  A few hairs started growing right from the start in January and never fell out.  They have pretty long growth by now.  Some of the new hairs are only beard length.

They don’t have their thickness, or fullness yet, but they will continue to mature over the upcoming months.



It’s hard to say why I have early hair growth.  Could be random luck.  Or it could be over the design of my procedure.  I went with the Max Harvest “Plus”, rather than the MaxHarvest.  I went for approx. 40 SQcm (8,000 hairs) – and Dr. Bolton focused all of it in reframing my frontal hairline and behind it.  I did not hit the crown, nor did I hit the Temporal Peaks.

In a lot of the cases I saw and read about, using Dr. Bolton’s technique, it seems a lot patients go with around 6,000 – 6,5000 hairs per procedure… and they will often hit their crown and front and sometimes also the temporal peaks.  It all just depends on the look someone is trying to achieve.

Let’s speculate that out of the 6000 hairs, 1/6 of them are dedicated to the temporal peaks and 1/3 are dedicated to the crown, that leaves only half (or approx. 3,000) hairs to rebuild the frontal hairline and behind it.

Whereas with my procedure, I dedicated all 8,000 hairs to recreating the frontal hairline.  Dr. Bolton put as much as he could starting there, and went back as far as he could.  That could explain why I see faster growth than normal - the extra amount of hairs I went with and the fact that they were packed in tightly in one area, vs. spread out over two or three areas.

SUTURE LINE

it’s amazing how quickly it healed and how thin and fine the line is.  In the back its completely unnoticeable.  I cannot find it at all.  There is hardly any coloration in the back and the donor area that was shaved has grown the hair back over it.  On the sides (above the ears), the suture line still has a slight pinkish hue, but you still have to lift up hair to find it.

it’s only been three months.  The suture line will still heal for another 9 months, but yet its already unnoticeable.

The reason this is so important – is because the perception of having a nasty suture line “scar” is probably the number one reason that customers in this industry go with another procedure like FUE.

But FUE doesn’t give you nearly the results that Dr. Bolton’s Strip harvest method does.  You get more hair – a lot more – with Dr. Bolton’s methods vs FUE.  And FUE does leave scaring.  But it leaves polka dots vs a thin fine line.

To me… spending this kind of money and making this kind of commitment, it’s all about what method gives me the most hair and the most natural looking results.


3-Month Pictures


Leaving Josh with some pics of my re-created frontal hairline and how things are progressing.  I still have not gotten a haircut – planning to do that in the next 30 days.

I wanted all the hair from the shaved donor area to grow in for a few months, and wanted to wait until some of the pinkish coloration in the grafted area dissipated.
Next time you see me next month – I will likely have much different looking pictures.
Anthony P Carney

No comments:

Post a Comment