Monday, January 11, 2016

Day 7 Healing pics


                                        
Day 7 morning after shower

Day 6 closeup ---- can see hairs growing in everywhere

Sutures in back (Day 7) that white spot must be a camera flash cause thats not actually there. to me suture line looks great in mirror.  Looks clean.  its a trace line.  No bad discoloration that I can see. No ugly bleeding. Really can only see the stitches

Before my nightly shower Day 7

Day 8 (today) -- after morning shower. 

Currently on Day 8 of the recovery. Surgery was a week ago today
So far, things are going just like I expected due to Josh and Dr. Bolton setting my expectations.
I had some swelling in day 3,4 and 5, but that went away starting on Day 6
Scabs and crusts started falling off and getting smaller, starting with Day 5
I probably could be a a little more forceful while shampooing... but going to check with Josh today.
The redness gets better each day, less red, and into more of a pink color and that is even starting dissipate.
The exciting part ----  For the last couple of days, I've been able to see tiny little hairs start popping though, all over the place. Most of them are tiny, beard like hairs that you see when look close. Some are already finger nail length, some are double that.

I understand that they will likely fall out after a few weeks and then not grow back until around month 3 or 4 ---- nonetheless... its a wonderful feeling and feeling actual hair grow... in places where it hasn't grown in years
I'm very close to completely turning the corner.
On day 10 or 11 I can get my Sutures out. If the crusts are all gone by then, I can also get a haircut and resume regular activities of how I style it right now.
What a fun process its been. Anxious. But exciting, happy. rejuvenated.

You know that a recovery process can't possibly be that bad, when you are in the middle of it, and already thinking about my 2nd surgery with Doc Bolton next year!!
To be continued.....

Attachment File(s) 




No comments:

Post a Comment