Friday, January 8, 2016

Day 4 post op

Sort of a milestone day in the procedure:

Ideally, this will be the day where the grafted area starts turning the corner.  Very excited for the crusts to start flaking off.  I think the next 2-3 days will be pivotal towards that end.

Really no discomfort that is bad.  Slight tightness, nothing bad.  Feels like wearing a ballcap sometimes to compare it to something - nothing more intrusive than that.

I have experienced some swelling in the forehead, eyes and cheek area.  Nothing unexpected, as Josh's day-to-day healing video prepared me for that very normal circumstance.  Anytime I start to feel it, I lay down on my 45 degree angle couch set up, put some ice on it, try to nap and it's better.  
Swelling is barely detectable to the eye

I've liberally put on the graftcyte - bottle is half gone or more than half gone

Showering feels great.

--- exciting part of the day:  Doc Bolton lowered my hairline a full inch.  I had absolutely no hair where he grafted the front part... but low and behold, some hairs have started to sprout a bit where I previously lost it.  Some teeny tiny little buzz hairs.  One grew like an inch right under the grafted area out of nowhere.  I am going to frame when it falls out, like a company proud of its first dollar bill  !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment