Friday, January 15, 2016

Day 11 Post op

                                                                               

This pic is essentially an example to show that if you have the right amount of hair on your head., and if you keep it long before the surgery, you can keep it completely undetectable.  Day 11, and I look exactly like I did the day before the surgery.  On top, on the sides and the back.  

What does "undetectable" mean when a patient asks that question?

To me, it could mean two things, both very important.
  1. I'm curious what the final end result will look like.  Will it look natural or pluggy?  Certainly, the final result is all why we do this
  2. The second importance of that word, to me, is that I can have the surgery, go back to normal activity soon and go on as if nothing happened
The answer to both, I think is an emphatic yes
 
My final result is 12 months away.  So we'll withhold complete judgement on my case for now.  but Dr. Bolton's proven natural and amazing results, are all over his site.  Check for yourself.  its the reason why we are all addicted to them.  The results.

But I can personally now attest to the fact that you can also go back to complete normal activity (no ballcaps or snowcaps required) by around day 11 - once the sutures and scabs are removed.  Maybe even before them in many cases.  Everyone is different.  In my case, it was day 10.
 
Here is how I went about doing that.

Time off 

 

I knew Dr. Bolton was going to tell me to take it easy for 2 weeks and not jeopardize anything about the surgery.  So... I took advantage of my vacation time with work, and I took 2 straight weeks off.  It allowed me time to stay completely relaxed and out of anyone's site.  If I had to go out for Milk or gas, I put on a hat or the black bandanna Dr. Bolton gives you the day of surgery.  

My colleagues at work have no idea what I was doing on my time off.  On the flip side, I've made some excuses to even avoid my parents and friends for a couple of weeks.  If they really pressed and asked, I'd just tell them that I had a transplant and they'd understand why I was trying to keep it secret.

But as of now... all good.


I am already back to the way I looked the day I flew down to Florida for the surgery.  By the time I go back to work Monday, no one is the wiser.

Tonight, I see my mom for dinner.  For time seeing her in 12 days, so this will be a good test.  I can already tell you she won't notice.  I look the same.  Some one, would have to start playing with my hair at the restaurant.  What's the chance of that?

Long Hair 

 

if you have really short hair, and Dr. Bolton rebuilds your hair line... you'd have nothing to hide it.  You'd probably have to wear a hat if you can get away with that in all scenarios (work, etc).  Having long hair will help you cover your new hair line, and will cover the area that was shaved in the back/sides where it was sutured.  I can't see any other way to have a surgery without anyone knowing, and hide it without long hair.

However, if you are perfectly okay with letting people know that you are doing the surgery, then you should just shave your head and it makes it a lot easier.  The surgery and taking care of your heard, showering, etc.

But... like I told Dr. Bolton:  I will follow every single direction he gives me, except for shaving the head.  Cause to me, I want it to be unknown that I had this procedure.  I only share on this blog, because anyone reading it, is going through what I am and might be helped in any decision making.

If you are perfectly okay with people knowing you had the procedure, then shave it.


No comments:

Post a Comment