Friday, January 17, 2014

UPDATE!

A patient  asked me to help him ask questions to a prospective FUE doctor.

He is a class 7 (most extreme hair loss) who is comparing Dr. Bolton's method (Maxharvest Plus) 
to an FUE procedure.

Questions to ask:

1.  Can you guarantee me that you and your staff will give 100% focus and attention during my procedure and not attend to anybody else?  We do.

2. Can you show me many (more then 50) one procedure results of men with my amount of hair loss and there results after one procedure?   We can.

3. Can you show me pictures of people like myself of one procedure results from the top looking down?  We can.

4.  From behind?  We can.

5.  How many HAIRS do you think you can get for me?  What is the breakdown of hairs per graft on average?  Will I average 1,2, or three hairs per graft?  With us 6-8 hairs per graft.

6.  How much coverage can you get me in one procedure?  What kind of density can I expect?

     Will my density be 20% , 30%, , 40%, 50% or more of original density?

Dr. Bolton will get 30%(conservative estimate as many of our patients achieve much more as evidenced by our videos and pictures) or more density into the transplanted area for our patients who are class 7.

7.  How long do I sit in the chair for my procedure?  With us less then 6 hours.

8. What is the percentage of grafts that survive the removal process?
     With us over 95%

9.  Who removes the follicles from the donor area and what is their medical qualifications?
     Dr. Brett Bolton  is the only one who will extract your follicles. He is a medical doctor.

10.  Is there a drop off in the ability to extract one follicle at a time after 5 hours?  Will the
        person doing the extracting be as good the last 5 hours as he was the first 5 hours?

       It takes Dr. Bolton approximately 15 minutes to harvest tissue and close the area.

11.  Is there just one person doing the extracting or more and what are their qualifications medically?
        Nobody but Dr. Bolton does the extracting of donor hair.


12.  Is the fue really scarless?  Can you really work the next day with zero discomfort?
        No it is not scarless. You can work but you probably will have discomfort more then ours.

         Sitting in a chair and being injected for 8-10 hours is not pleasant.

13.  Do you think I would have a better result getting 10,000 hairs or 4,000(if you are lucky)   hairs?

         Should be a no brainer, 10,000 hairs does more then 4,000.

14.  Will I get better density with grafts averaging 2-3 hairs per graft or 6-8 hairs per graft

       behind the hair line?

No brainer except they will probably say that is not going to look good and we answer that with our huge volume of patient photos/videos that they don't have.

15.  What percentage of the donor area is used when extracting follicles in Fue? (100%) Are                  follicles harvested from outside the donor area to get a higher yield? (yes)  What is the impact on the donor area if I come back for a second procedure? Will it be hard to get more hair? (Yes)  How  does that compare to a strip procedure. (poorly)  Does the amount harvested from one procedure to the next drop off significantly for a strip surgery? (no)   Because the donor is not
impacted in the way an FUE impacts the total donor area where a strip is a very small percentage
of the donor area.

In summary, we give more hair, in less time, get more coverage and better density and can show

that conclusively.  I appreciate your questions.

I think this blog largely written by our patients from around the world is extremely educational

www.bloghairtransplant.com

Here is Dr. Bolton to explain his Maxharvest procedure

http://www.greathairtransplants.com/maxharvest.html

I am available at anytime you have questions by directly calling my cell phone. 954 649 5079

No comments:

Post a Comment